Data Privacy and Terms and Condition of Website Use
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and will only collect, record, store, process, and use your personal information in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA”) and other pertinent laws. Accordingly, this Policy provides for the manner by which we manage the personal information that we will obtain from you if you visit our website.
Personal information, as used in this Policy, refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Collection and Processing
We may be able to obtain your personal information which primarily includes your name, company, e-mail address, contact number, and address by submitting any application, form, request, notice, or some other document through our website. Aside from these, we also obtain the following information:
- Your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, which includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Your social media profile, which may include your pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational background, and employment details, or any other matters which are readily accessible if you link your account with our website;
- Those which you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Those that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use;
- Those that you post to our website for publication on the internet which includes your user name, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Those that relate to any communication that you send to us or send through our website which includes the communication content and metadata associated with the communication; and
- Any other personal or official matters which you choose to send to us.
We will only collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to adequately respond to your inquiries or avail of our services.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we will assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to both the disclosure and the processing of his/her personal information in accordance with this policy.
Purpose of Collecting and Processing
We collect and process your personal information for the purpose of providing clear and competent responses to your inquiries with regard to the services that we offer. In addition thereto, we may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service; and
- Other uses as may be determined in accordance with the law.
By submitting any application, form, request, notice, or other documents through our website, you consent to the collection, publication, processing, using, disclosing, and sharing of the contents thereof for the purposes stated in this Policy.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, affiliate companies, and strategic partners insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies such as KMC MAG Solutions, Inc., Carpo Law and Associates, among others, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We may likewise disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable information, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Your personal information will be retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated herein, for legitimate business purposes, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as may be required by applicable laws.
- Under the foregoing circumstances and to the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action against us for the disclosure and retention of your personal information.
Security of Personal Information
We will implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
To ensure the utmost protection of your personal information, we will store the same on our secured services. However, we cannot guarantee that data sent over the internet will be fully secured considering that the transmission of information online is inherently insecure.
Rights of Data Subjects
In accordance with the DPA, data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed that your personal data shall be, are being, or have been processed.
- Right to access. You have a right to gain reasonable access to your personal data.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling. You likewise have the right to be notified and given an opportunity to withhold consent to the processing in case of changes to the information given to you regarding the processing of your information.
- Right to erasure or blocking. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data upon discovery and substantial proof that your personal data is incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained, being used for purposes you did not authorize, no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, you decided to withdraw consent, or violated your rights as a data subject.
- Right to file complaint and damages. You may claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject, as provided by law.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to dispute any inaccuracy or error in your personal data and have the personal information controller correct it immediately unless the request is vexatious or unreasonable.
- Right to data portability. You have a right to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of your personal data, a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Some internet browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. It is recommended that you check this page occasionally to ensure that you are amenable to any changes made in this policy. We may also notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information or if you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints, you may contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Carpo Law and Associates
8th Floor, Marajo Tower, 312
26th Street West corner 4th Avenue,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
Office : (+632) 7217-0206